Monday, June 26, 2023

An Age of War, an Age of Sport

The ball shot into the net. "Way to go, Zujarn! We're gonna smash those uptight snoblins tomorrow!" The rowdy goblins hooted and high-fived one another, but what was going on in the equipment tent into which a shadowy figure slipped?
The scrying mirror dimmed. "That's what the monsters are getting up to ever since we helped the hero defeat the Monster Kaiser who controlled all of them with his dark magic?" asked the warrior Breskam of his old colleague, Yesdo the sage.
"It seems so. I'm as surprised as you are."
"Hmph. At least they aren't getting up to any real trouble." Breskam crossed his mighty arms. "Do you want to keep watching? I do."
"I can't take my eyes off it," Yesdo admitted. "I worry for my future." Despite his worries, he again activated the scrying mirror.
Finis

No comments:

Post a Comment