Sunday, October 17, 2021

Space Vacation

"I thought this planet was Space Denmark." The tourist fished out his ticket stub. "Yep. So where are all the Danes?"
"You aren't one either," another tourist pointed out.
"Ladies and gentlemen, we regret to inform you that every Dane is out on vacation to Space China, Space India, Space Polynesia, or Space Italy. Please enjoy the authentic Danish architecture and attractions."
"I don't see any of those."
"Ladies and gentlemen, we regret to inform you that the construction firms contracted to build authentic Danish architecture and attractions are all out on vacation to Space France, Space Mexico, Space Morocco, or Space Thailand."
"What a rip-off! I want my money back!"
"Ladies and gentlemen, we regret to inform you that in this post-scarcity society, you have no money and no way to acquire it. Your labor no longer has meaning."
"I know, I know. That's why I've been traveling around for three hundred years. Complaining's part of the fun."
And so all the tourists enjoyed Space Denmark and gave it rave reviews.
Finis

No comments:

Post a Comment